Apple’s latest event announcement carried a “Time Flies” moniker. My brain auto-completed the phrase “when you’re having fun” to a moderate amount of cognitive dissonance. It seems that quite a few of our idioms fly in the face of the current global situation.
I’ve tried to update just a few:
- We’ll cross that bridge when their transmission rate is under control.
- A toilet paper square saved is a toilet paper square earned.
- Time flies when you’re having a soul-crushing pandemic.
- The early bird gets the hand sanitizer.
- There’s no place like anywhere else.
- A mask in time saves nine.