I’m a blessed man. I’ve been realizing how much fun I really have, because of a comment one of my friends from DigiPen made to me after I told him I went ice skating last night. I paraphrase:
“Chuck, you do all sorts of cool stuff. I’m glad to see someone enjoying themselves. Unlike most of the people I know who just sit alone at home playing videogames.”
Here is an abbreviated list of some of the awesome things I’ve done this year:
- Ice Skating in downtown Bellevue
- Baked fresh bread with some friends
- Thanksgiving Party
- Fun date night with friends at Wasabi Bistro
- Got lost in a corn maze
- Went to 2 fall costume parties
- Saturday morning cartoon day
- 2 friends’ weddings
- Saw The Importance of Being Ernest, my first real play
- My first game, Drawn To Life was released
- Went to my first Mariners Game
- First golf practice time at the driving range
- Sunset worship (worshiped Jesus, not the sunset) at Golden Gardens park
- Spontaneous week in Hawai’i with my brother Dan
- Went hiking at Snoqualmie Falls
- Got a new car
- Took up photography, which is responsible for keeping most of these memories intact.
Undoubtedly, most of the people my friend was referring to are videogame programmers. But, sadly, his description of what they do is probably pretty accurate. He might have left out trips to the bar with co-workers. And don’t get me wrong, I’ve played a few videogames myself. God has richly blessed me. I have a lot to be thankful for, and this month doesn’t look to be any less action packed. There were some trials and hard times too, but God redeemed them all for good things in my life.
Special thanks to all my friends and family, who’ve truly helped me have my happiest year yet. Here’s to next year being greater still!
P.S. I’ve posted a few more random pictures to my flickr account if you haven’t checked it in a while.